THANKSGIVING DAY


Did you know that Thanksgiving day is celebrated each year on the fourth thursday of November ?
Thanksgiving Day is a communal celebration meaning gratitude people feel for all the good things in life and mainly a harvest related festival. The tradition of Thanksgiving continues till date in the form of family reunion and feasting, turkey, parades... Watch the video to know about the story of the first pilgrims.




  • Activity 1:
Click on the image below to learn vocabulary related to thanksgiving. Then drag the words to match the pictures.



  • Activity 2: Next  Wednesday,Thursday 26th and Friday we will be working on the topic with some worksheets in class. 

  • Activity 3: Could you give thanks for things, people... in your life? Complete the table below.


I am thankful for...
Things
People
Others
  1. house
  1.father
  1. freedom
  2.
  2.
  2.
  3.
  3.
  3.
  4.
  4.
  4.
  5.
  5.
  5.
  6.
  6.
  6.
  7.
  7.
  7.
  8.
  8.
  8.
  9.
  9.
  9.
10.
10.
10.

Final Task : Write an acrostic poem with the words: I am thankful or Thanks for... Write these words vertically on a sheet of paper. Using each of the letters make an acrostic. Each line can be one word, a phrase or a sentence. Here you are an example.

I Am Thankful
I am thankful for

A pples and pears

M y red hair

T oys

H ot dogs

A irplanes and cars

N ew crayons
K ittens and puppies
F lowers and stars
U nited States of America
L egos




Comentarios

Entradas populares